Ebiron Pottu Kadalai is another name for the South Indian snack that is also known as roasted chickpeas or spicy roasted chana. As I mentioned earlier, it is a popular snack in Kerala and is made by roasting whole chickpeas and then seasoning them with a blend of spices and herbs. The resulting snack is crunchy and flavorful, with a spicy kick that is perfect for snacking on anytime. Ebiron Pottu Kadalai can be easily made at home by roasting chickpeas in the oven or on a stove top and then seasoning them with your preferred blend of spices.
Ebiron Pottu Kadala 250g
Ebiron Pottu Kadalai or roasted chickpeas have several health benefits. Here are a few of them:
- High in Protein: Roasted chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein, making them a great option for vegetarians and vegans. One cup of cooked chickpeas contains about 15 grams of protein.
- Rich in Fiber: Roasted chickpeas are also high in dietary fiber, which is essential for maintaining good digestion and gut health. One cup of cooked chickpeas contains about 12 grams of fiber.
- Low in Fat: Roasted chickpeas are a low-fat snack that can help with weight management. One cup of cooked chickpeas contains only about 4 grams of fat.
- Contains Important Nutrients: Roasted chickpeas are rich in several important nutrients, including iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and vitamin B6.
- May Help Lower Cholesterol: Studies have shown that consuming chickpeas regularly may help lower LDL or “bad” cholesterol levels, which can lower the risk of heart disease.
It’s worth noting that store-bought roasted chickpeas may contain added salt or other seasonings, so it’s important to check the label for nutrition information and ingredients. Homemade roasted chickpeas can be seasoned with a variety of herbs and spices to suit your taste preferences and nutritional needs.