Lemon pickle offers several health benefits due to its ingredients, such as:
- Immune system support: Lemons are a good source of vitamin C, which helps support the immune system and fight off infections.
- Digestive aid: The sourness of lemon and the spices in the pickle can help stimulate digestive juices and aid in digestion.
- Antioxidant properties: Lemon pickle contains antioxidants, such as vitamin C and flavonoids, which can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Some of the spices in lemon pickle, such as turmeric, have anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Probiotic benefits: Lemon pickle is traditionally made by fermentation, which can result in beneficial bacteria that can improve gut health.
However, it’s important to note that lemon pickle is often high in sodium due to the salt used in the preservation process. So, it should be consumed in moderation, especially if you’re on a low-sodium diet.