Yellow chickpeas, also known as chana dal, can be used in a variety of dishes. Here’s a recipe for fried chana dal that you can try:
- 1 cup of yellow chickpeas (chana dal)
- Water for soaking
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of red chili powder (optional)
- Soak the chana dal in water for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water and spread the chana dal on a clean towel to dry for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chana dal to the pan and fry for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chana dal from the pan and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- In a separate pan, dry roast the cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and red chili powder (if using) for a few seconds.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the fried chana dal and toss well.
- Season with salt to taste and serve as a snack or side dish.
Note: You can also add other spices or seasonings to the chana dal, such as garam masala or chaat masala, depending on your preferences.